Old 07-21-17, 12:06 PM
atitagain

Bikes: caad 8 c'dale , trek madone 5.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
intro

I am male , 62 , 126 lbs as of this morning and riding harder every time out . I rode a lot in my 20's but quit when I hit about 30 for no good reason I can recall . I'm at it again and about a year and half into it this time . My first bike is a caad 8 and I love it . Recently bought a madone 5.2 because I think I got a good deal on it but have not started riding it yet . It just sits on a shelf looking pretty . Divorced and liquidated 3 years ago and moved from southern appalachia to central Alabama 2 years ago . Got sick with probably liver failure almost right away but did not go to a doctor so just guessing . It did not kill me but got my attention . So I made some big changes . Quit using alcohol first . Then went plant based whole food . no processed anything , no meat dairy or animal products , no wheat ,soy or gmo anything . Only fruits, vegetables , seeds and nuts in whole food form . lots of beans and taters and rice . Only distilled water to drink . Now using deionized water though and coffee has come back after a year of abstinence . went from 34 waist to 28 . Oh yeah I bought that caad 8 about the same time I started the new diet . I am currently riding 15 to 25 mile outings averaging about 3 or 4 times a week at about 14 mph average . I plan to get faster and increase my mileage though .
Took a spill this morning . I got distracted and was too close to the edge of the road and a gust of wind hit me and off the edge I went . When I tried to get back on the pavement the lip was too high and my front tire skidded out and I dumped onto the road way . No big deal . A few scrapes on me and a little on the left hood and crank arm of the bike . Got up , put my chain back on and took off . my padded glove palm saved my hand from some damage . Stuff happens and if you can get up and carry on no big deal i reckon . any way I never will claim to be the sharpest tool in the shed . Peace