View Single Post
Old 06-09-19, 08:16 PM
matimeo

Bikes: It's the motor, not the bike, right?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Gresp15C
Would you mind measuring the tire width and diameter clearance of the frame, next chance you get? This is something that so many frame vendors omit from their data, and it's useful information.
Clearance on fork and rear is 5cm across for a tire- plenty for about as big as I can imagine wanting to go. Clearance from the outer edge of the rim to the underside of the fork/rear fender mount is 4.3cm.

With the tires I have mounted (32c) there is a solid 2cm of space for fenders.

Originally Posted by JohnDThompson
Looks nice. No fender clearance, though. I commuted by bike for 25 years and found fenders essential. 650B or 650C wheels might give enough clearance.
I am simply dumbfounded by the (fill in the blank) of internet trolls who speak to that which they know nothing about. I even mounted the fenders before I posted and they fit fine! Even between the seat tube there was plenty of room, and if it became a problem (which it won't since there's just as much clearance as there is on my other two bikes with fenders), I can get a slightly longer chain and slide the tire away from the frame a little more in the dropouts. Tons of clearance for fenders!

Last edited by matimeo; 06-09-19 at 08:21 PM.