1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Not seriously trying to argue...

Originally Posted by DiabloScott
What I've read is that there's a higher likelihood of injury - like pulled muscles and torn ligaments... not really cardio-related. I think a personal trainer who works with older folks might have better advice than a doctor.

I turned 60 a few weeks ago and I feel great and I sometimes push pretty hard. I'm really careful about my knees though.
I seem to have gotten some bad information. Dang this internet thing, Lincoln was right...
Mayo Clinic and other reputable sources say good things about Hiit for older bodies. I'm thrilled to have been wrong, and my apologies to all. I usually don't post what I can't verify, but I went ahead in an abundance of caution.

Intervals, here I come...gulp... (Shut up legs)

Best regards, Eric

PS I'm glad you feel great, I also take special care of my knees, as much as manic skiing, and occasional soccer games allow. I do have a metal brace that I wore 3-4 years ago. I wore it constantly for 7 months (even sleeping), rather than opt for surgery. Luckily it worked out. I slap it back on at the first twinge, until the knee feels right again.

Last edited by Last ride 76; 06-11-19 at 06:00 PM.
Likes For Last ride 76: