View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 05:02 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Im Clueless
Hi Livedarklions,

That is very true. We are trying to keep 1 or 2 of each old classic part just incase a customer comes knocking, but realistically we can`t offer advice for these parts or help with their service due to the lack of knowledge we have about these things. I imagine that if a customer comes to the shop and buys a product, they`d also expect the shop to be able to help them fit/service that part as well.

My wife`s older brother is also in the process of taking over the shop and he`d like to bring it into the 21st century with modern road bikes and mountain bikes. However, this does riase the issue of holding spare classic parts for the customers who previously bought classic touring bikes etc off her dad who would build them.
Wow, this sounds like he ran an amazing shop. Was this pretty much a one-man operation or are there any employees who might be able to help?
@PDKL45 has given you really great advice, I didn't know about the Japan connection, but Jan Heine would know more about this than almost anybody.