View Single Post
Old 08-15-19, 01:32 PM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Don't Forget LIGHTS

If you will be using streets and roads, light yourself up front and back. Reflectors are worthless, especially in the day. As a cyclist and driver, I'm surprised at how long it takes me to see a cyclist while I'm driving a tree lined street on a sunny day when the cyclist isn't using lights!

My commute is half of yours, and it'll take me 45 minutes one way with road crossings and stop lights. Do you have a bike trail or multi use path, or will you have to share the road?

I quite like the Fuji Touring, both 2019 and 2018, after looking at specs. it's very similar to my own setup. I'd go with the previous year for savings, and use that for lights, helmet, locks, padded shorts, etc. Tourers are rarer on CL where I am, unless it's a 20 year old Trek 520. The 520 will still do the job though, and you might learn some maintenance skills from lubing and cleaning it!