Old 09-06-19, 05:26 PM
Lab4Us

Bikes: Trek Dual Sport 3 in Volt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
I'll admit I was thinking this, too. The OPs question (field of research?) seems pretty simplistic for a graduate degree research project. There seem to be a lot of these types of threads, and it makes me wonder whether the OPs who post them even ride bicycles on any sort of a regular basis.
Unless the “idea” is just the first step. Taking that idea to fruition, successfully and at profit whether monetarily or to society in general, can easily be a semester project with lots of research and thought put in, hopefully by the student or their team.

That said, as someone who sat their butt in a classroom through undergraduate and graduate school while working full time, I absolutely find this the same as asking someone else to do your school work while you get the credit. I’m guessing the professor expected the student to assess for themselves what type of problems a cyclist might encounter and then develop, create, produce, and supply a device to either prevent it or fix it if it can’t be prevented and occurs...reporting at each step along the way while identifying your sources. Not sure how “Bike forums - user xxxx” goes over as a citation. Then again, I finished graduate school in 1999 at the age of 41, so it may be the norm now!