Old 09-20-19, 10:14 AM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by cpach
They are reasonably/sanely sized, unlike, say, the bottom brackets that convert BB86.5 to a 30mm spindle

I do think Trek will go all T47 in the future because of Sram's phasing out of GXP in favor of DUB and the current premium eTap AXS has, but a fair amount of their 2020 models. I wouldn't be surprised if they held off on Emonda in particular given their love of extremely low frame weights for marketing that line, and T47 still probably adds a small amount of weight.
I’ll start off by saying I don’t trust any company to follow through on warranty claims anymore after the horrible experience I had with Specialized. I’d rather just get a bike that works out the door. I know Trek is not Specialized but specialized also has a good reputation when it comes to warranties.

You touched upon the reason why I absolutely hate BB86. It seems like it was *specifically* designed to keep out 30mm competitors and lock BB86 frames to shimano groups. Now, some people still bodged their way in and SRAM bodged even harder and developed DUB. Shimano basically forced SRAM to bend the knee.

Quite a few Trek models use BB86 or BB92 now. I assume that this means the weight weenie frames will use that going forward, and all the budget-friendly frames will use T47. For some reason, Trek still lists their top end Domane as using GXP spindles even though T47 should fit DUB. It’s ambiguous with the Domane SLR Force - they just say it uses a Praxis BB. I wish bike manufacturers didn’t get away with not listing various specifications.

Last edited by smashndash; 09-20-19 at 10:23 AM.
Likes For smashndash: