Old 10-13-19, 01:00 PM
brianinc-ville

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I like what @minisystem has prototyped, but he has not gone into production, and it seems it needs some electronics to keep from over stressing LEDs.

What would be a drop-in solution? I can only see a light replacement. On the generator side, replacing it with a better dyno is a wheel rebuild. Replacing that ring of magnets by doing something like what Mini did, based on total disassembly and rebuild, in addition to engineering and fabricating the parts. Then the possibility of needing to regulate or limit the electrical output. I don't know how much voltage it takes to kill a B&M headlamp or taillamp.
Well, I don't really want to do any design or fabrication myself, but I'd buy an upgrade if somebody else made it. If it were possible to buy a stronger magnet ring, plus an in-line circuit package that would replicate a modern dynamo hub's performance (I use Sanyo H27s on three other bikes and am perfectly happy with them), that'd do it for me. Meanwhile, I've ordered a B&M Luxos B headlamp and will see how it goes.