Old 12-04-19, 05:34 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Justinitus
The stock Giant PX-2 wheels on my Revolt weighed 1109g (R) and 973g (F) but without tubeless valves or rotors.
Wow, that's 529g total (or just shy of 1lbs 3oz). And mine is the step down wheel from yours (S-X2 which I can't find specs for online) so I bet the weight difference will be even higher. And I'm sure the tires are at least 100g difference from the Panny slicks, if not more. So my original guess may not prove to be too far off the mark.

Also just to forewarn: I'm going to be too lazy to take the cassettes and rotors off, so when I finally do the S-X2 vs. Pro 3 vs. Pro 3V it's going to be the entire wheel/tire/rotor/cassette system weights. And it won't be an even playing field because the stock tires will have whatever rotors came with the Revolt, and the Pro 3 will have Dura Ace rotors and the Pro 3V will have Ultegra rotors. The stock will have 105 cassette and the other two will have HG800 Ultegra class cassettes, but all 3 will be 11-34T.