View Single Post
Old 09-20-14, 09:29 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
I do not know what you are doing for rear racks, but I think the RackTime FoldIt is one you might consider.

Originally Posted by Rowan
I can't remember the exact parameters, but the Pocket Llama is designed as much for off-road use as it is for on-road, so the BB is slightly higher; we seem to be exploring more and more on gravel roads when we are away, and we wanted the versatility. Plus it has the disc brakes, and I like those. The PL comes with wide tyres, obviously, but we took away from Bike Friday with us a pair each of Schwalbe Duranos which will fit the rims.
Thanks. That answers my question.

Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
My friends did this recently and came home with a NWT and Tikit... after ordering the derailleur geared NWT my friend opted to switch that for the dual drive which he has used to tour in Europe with his beloved... although she is a novice cyclist he said he cannot keep up with her on that little rocket she rides.

I did an adventure cycling trip a couple years ago, of the 16 people there, three had Bike Fridays. One of those three had a Sachs 3 speed hub and was complaiining that they no longer made them. He said he wanted to find one to put on his wife's BF so she would have higher gearing. She was spinning out on flats with tailwinds and downhills. I told him that they were still made, now called Dual Drive from Sram and that I had put one of them on my Airnimal foldup bike because the Airnimal did not allow a front derailleur setup. If you decide that you need higher gearing on the Pocket Llama, the Dual Drive is not cheap, not lightweight, but it is a vialbe way to gear it up. If I bought a Bike Friday, I would get one with the Dual Drive for the higher gearing.