Old 01-07-16, 07:42 PM
WA472P

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
@WA472P, I'm not sure I understand. You're upset because Niagara has stuff on their website that they don't have sitting on a shelf ready to send you immediately after you place the order?

Niagara has by far largest number of items for sale of any online retailer in the US. I always just assumed that they don't carry all that inventory and have to special order low-demand items from the manufacturer or distributor before they can fill those orders just like your LBS would have to do.

Do you have a similar reaction when you order something from the LBS and it takes them a while to get it or maybe they find out the the manufacturer is out-of-stock and they can't get it at all?

Out of curiosity, what did you order that they were not able to supply?
@FBinNY has done an excellent job of responding but allow me to add some clarity.

Not only did Niagara Cycle Works list my item as in stock - when it was not (this is a violation of Amazon Marketplace policy and a predetive marketing practice as it effectively stole a sale from someone else who actually had the time in stock). They told me for three days that they were preparing it for shipping.

You can't prepare something for shipping if you don't have it in hand.

What Niagara appears to do is list everything as in stock when it is not. Suck you in to buy and then rush around to find one somewhere.

In my case it was a LEZYNNE pump. A very specific one. They listed them in three colors all in stock. After I waited for three days I got an email from an order picker saying that LEZYNNE had placed Niagara Cycle Works on a restricted list and that they could no longer get LEZYNNE products. Because of that they could no longer fill my order (remember that order that they had in stock and spent three days preparing for shipping?) She also explained that because of this restriction from LEZYNNE Niagara Cycle Works was having to go into Amazon marketplace and manually zero out all of its listings of LEZYNNE.

But then the customer service manager for Niagara Cycle Works sends me an email claiming that they suddenly ran out of stock on my item - to cover the lie that they were perpetrating.

I lost time, my credit card is still tied up, and I still don't have a pump. But more important I discovered that Niagara Cycle Works was using dishonest business practices.