Old 06-12-16, 12:26 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,290 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by Squeezebox
When I test rode the LHT it didn't feel right. Really can't remember what size it was, pretty sure 54. A shorter stem might have fixed it. Maybe?? I managed to test ride a Trek 920 52cm, it was even swapped to brifters by the previous customer. Even the seat height was almost perfect. I'm glad he lent me his bicycle for a ride. I'm over 60 and getting shorter, most of that is in the lumbar area, so a shorter top tube/stem is in order, for me at least. The 52 was comfortable for me, even though my previous bicycles are 54. It was a good choice for me.
So 1 size smaller is worth thinking about.
So, you tested a LHT that was probably a 54, then you tested a Trek that was a 52, so therefore buying a smaller size is worth thinking about. A Trek and a LHT are two different bikes, they use different frames, they aren't the same. Unreal.

By the way, I actually own a LHT and my comments are based on that actual experience. In the end, you have to buy what works for you, but if you buy a size smaller, you will have to stack more spacers to get the bars level or above the seat.