View Single Post
Old 10-25-17, 10:00 AM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
"Do you ever get flats?" Hahahahaha! Hahaha! Hahahahhahahahhahahahaha! Hahahahahhahaaha!

Dude, I commute through the Broken Glass Capital Of The World (Oakland, CA). Flats are a fact of life. Getting a flat in the wrong place at the wrong time could alter the course of your LIFE. No joke.

I do about 5-6k mi/year and have managed to get it down to about one flat per year, which if you ask around is pretty damned incredible. But, now that you've asked I'm sure I'll be dealing with one on the ride home today.

My secret(s)... Armadillos. Specialized Armadillo Infinity tires. 38's on the rear, 35's on the front, running low PSI for comfort and flat prevention. Specialized AirLock tubes inside. Imported B&M dynamo powered headlight to see - and avoid - running over as much debris as possible. And a great big dose of LUCK.

I'm always open to suggestions, but this setup has proven to be the best combo of cost/weight/performance/wear that I can find. IMO, pinchflats are inexcusable. I'll give a free pass to anyone on their first, but after that the shame is on you. Pinchflats = lazy/dumb rider.

-Kedosto