View Single Post
Old 06-25-18, 06:28 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Wheever
Pop a couple imodium. That'll hold you up til the next morning, I bet.
Actually I have relied on this for years. I have very rapid transit of food through my intestines (high motility) and poor dewatering of fibrous food so that my stool is rarely compact and firm without some help from Imodium. Most commonly it is pasty. Not only does that increase frequency of bowel movements way beyond what most folks would consider normal but also the risk of emergencies. And getting clean after a bowel movement is a very difficult and long process often leading to irritation of the anus and minor bleeding. I take a couple of Imdium about every 36 hours and keep the situation under control. Someone not accustomed to Imodium may require a lot smaller dose. You shouldn’t do this without approval by your physician. And you need to be extremely cautious not to overdo it and become bound up. But I have it pretty well figured out for myself and am quite satisfied with the results. I do moderate the dose amount and frequency based on what I am eating. Fruit and beans, for example increase the need for the medication. Best advice: consult your physician with this idea to get their response. Best of luck.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...