View Single Post
Old 10-14-18, 04:01 PM
Idak

Bikes: Felt Z70 and F30X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm up to 80+ miles a week, 30 miles yesterday, and I've made some progress. I bought a Selle SMP TRK Mans. That's the best I've had so far. Still not there. On the 30 mile ride, numbness was the biggest problem, though it recovered better than it has on past rides.

I spent a lot of time on YouTube and similar sources today and decided bike fit might be a driving issue. I'm not nearly as flexible as I was 25 years ago. I am heavier, my left hip is titanium and my right hip will need it soon. Based on some of what I read or watched, and the fact that hand discomfort is a close second on limiting me in a long ride, I flipped my stem. We'll how that works on the next ride.

I did the cardboard test, for sit bone width, and got 165mm. Based on my reading, this seems way too large. I am a big guy. At 42, I was 6'2", 220 lbs and only 7% body fat. So I am large frame. But this seems way too high for sit bone width. Is this measurement reasonable?

My goal is a century next year and the Seattle to Portland ride someday. So I need to get the saddle right.