View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 11:07 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10962 Post(s)
Liked 7,489 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
I always tell people to shop for a shop before shopping for a bike. If you have warranty issues, which shop do you want to work through? If you have questions regarding fit or accessories or mechanics or places to ride or anything else, who would you rather ask?

Of course, if you already know everything none of that matters because you wouldn't be asking for advice anyway.
From what I can see, the odds of having a warranty claim are so insignificant that its almost not worth taking into consideration. Sure, the others have merit- but you can get all that from a different shop from where a bike is purchased. Its done all the time.
Someone likes a Cannondale bike so they buy it from one shop, but they use a different shop for accessories, mechanics, and advise.

Why someone would limit themselves only to what a certain shop has for bikes is confusing. There are so many great options out there. Really, the only time I could see choosing a shop is if its for a total beginner because they will want to limit their choices for easier selection.

I also dont choose restaurants based on the waiters- i choose em based on the food. Everyone is different though.
Likes For mstateglfr: