Brocephus
Professional amateur

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Jgpell14
Hello! I’ve been shopping around for a new bike. Not completely sure of what I wanted so I went to several LBS and tried different models and makes. I’ve narrowed my choices to a couple of bikes. One LBS has a very good deal on a new 2017 Fuji 1.3, which is essentially the same bike as a 2019. My only problem is that of all the shops that I visited I really don’t like the person that runs/owns the place.

I greatly appreciate any feedback that you may have with buying a 2017 from a dealer that isn’t the best person to deal with.
FWIW, I'll weigh in with a couple points:
First, which Fuji 1.3 ? They seem to make a few of them ( my road bike is a Roubaix 1.3, and I was recently eyeballing a Absolute 1.3 on Craigslist) . It's hard to provide commentary or advice without knowing what bike it is.
That being said, I like Fuji, they seem to be a good bang for the buck, especially at a discount like you mentioned.
Second, you don;t need to like the person that owns the business. In fact, from what I know of them, I don't like the owners and upper echelon management of nearly every corporation that I come in contact with ( like Amazon, Yahoo, Google, ebay, Dick's Sporting Goods, Mediacom, General Electric, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, all banks, all insurance companies, all mainstream news and TV stations, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.)
There's no avoiding them.
If the guy runs a solid business, provides quality support, has what you want at a good price, then who cares if he rubs you the wrong way (metaphorically speaking. If it's literally, then we have another problem entirely).

Last edited by Brocephus; 06-15-19 at 03:50 PM.