rpmbuilder
rpmbuilder

Bikes: Trek 1000, Recumbent (soon)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Phinney et al:

I recently had an adjiustment made at my local dealership. They tilted the handlebars back and moved up the seat. I ride a Brooks B-17 saddle and love it by the way. I had already added a new adjustable stem that is set as high as it will go so I am not sure what else I can do for that. Once the adjustment was made the pain subsided, but by no means did it cease as I hoped it would. At my fitness level (6'2" 210 lbs) I know I lack core strength as well and lean into the bars too much. Hopefully that will change with time.

I rode my first Century this past weekend, which was great! It took me just less than 7:30 hours in the saddle and ~ 10 hours overall. There were numerous tough hills that kicked my butt in the last 50 miles. And yes, Illinois has hills.

I lost feeling in my hands and arms with numbness and shoulder during the first 50, but wasn't feeling too bad by the back half. It took me a day to regain feeling in my right pinkie finger, but I was surprised I was otherwise okay.

I believe the future of cycling for me includes the purchase of a recumbent. It is my mission now to visit the St. Louis area bent dealership (2.5 hours away) and see what they have. I would have bought the Tomahawk LBW they had locally, but my dealership had no accessories such as bags. Nobody should ride without the ability to carry the basics such as extra tubes so I did not buy it.

Perhaps the bike of my future exists near STL. Thank you for pointing this location out to me. And thank you to everyone that took the time to respond to my question. This really is a great forum!