Bulldogsprinter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
[
Nice.

You might consider upgrading to Toshi or Kashimax straps. They are 2 layers of leather with a nylon layer in-between. The nylon keeps them from stretching. WELL worth the extra expense if you use toe straps. They last a very long time, too. The ones I've used last 2 seasons of regular training/racing use and I only replace them because they look dirty but they still work fine.

I've found no significant performance difference between single or double strap Toshi use. I'm a bigger (and stronger) than average guy and singles keep me in the pedals. But, I will admit that doubles do feel better.
Thanks Carelton.

Funny you should mention that, Toshi or Kashimax straps are on my upgrade list. Straps, saddle, chainrings and sprockets, and a really over the top chunk of stem. The saddle I already mentioned, Yobi custom chainrings, EAI Sunday sprockets; Superstar or gold, and Pro Track sprint stem if I can find it or then the road sprint or Zipp 145SL. And I have a 37cm 3T Scatto coming.

The wheel covers are nice, as Taras posted they are velcro and usually I have my race wheels in their wheel bags with covers on. When I show up for a race I put wheel on the bike, inflate to race pressure and leave the covers on. I warm up with a road bike, so only need to take covers off just before starting.

Last edited by Bulldogsprinter; 07-20-15 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Added scatto