Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
I missed this post:

Originally Posted by kevvwill
Couple of notes from an old coot:

-- Fairwheel Bikes did a stem test. The three stiffest stems were the (newer) Pro Vibe Sprint, the (older) Pro Vibe Track and the Thomson X4 (MTB variant). Nothing else was close. The Pro Vibe Sprint will work with Scattos, where the Pro Vibe Track wouldn't. I can, btw, vouch for the stiffness of the Pro Vibe Track stem. It's absurd. The Pro Vibe Sprint is just as stiff, so I will be tracking one down to run with my Scattos.

-- I LOVE the EAI gold cogs. I run them with Sugino Zen rings/Izumi Super V chain. For lack of a better descriptive the driveline is quieter, and feels like there is an extra layer of lube on things. Very nice. Worth the price over normal cogs? Depends on how you value money.

(Came across this thread because I am selling my Serenity and will (probably) get another Serenity. Want a taller head tube and to show less post, so will go from 57 to 60 if Serenity. The Fuji was on my list, but the one-bolt saddle cradle worried me, at 230 pounds/sprinter. Any further reports of its stiffness/stability under high-wattage efforts in the saddle, etc? I worry about saddle tilt and seatpost slippage due to the aero post height adjustment. I note they have raised the price $400 for 2016, which doesn't sit well with me.)

This is the outgoing Serenity. I will miss her.
Yeah, I read that Fairwheel Bikes article: https://fairwheelbikes.com/c/reviews...g/stem-review/

I was really impressed by the performance of the 3T ARX stem in that review.

Post pics when you get your new bike built up!