Old 06-06-17, 03:56 PM
Ty0604
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Fuji Jari

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Everyone has their own way of doing it. I wouldn't say there's a wrong way. Whatever works best for you. I hadn't touched my bike for 6 months before hitting the road last May and doing a 5,200 mile tour. No test runs etc. I was fine. I ended up mailing stuff home a few times along the way. You'll learn what you can and can't live without pretty quick. I started my tour with ~20lbs of gear and was down to ~10lbs before I reached Maine 3+ months later.

As for food... I bring my JetBoil only when I absolutely have to and survive off of food that require hot water. Top Ramen mainly. It's light and easy. My calorie intake isn't much when I ride. If there's a store along my route (gas stations included) I'd rather not have the weight and eat gas station food. That's not ideal for some people though.

And no, why would you need the bag to your tent? I don't carry mine with me. I fold it up and jam in into a pannier by itself. If it gets really dirty grab a plastic bag from the grocery store and use that.