View Single Post
Old 01-27-18, 07:09 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
All good stuff.

But ... all the airplanes are made by different companies and they all work in all the air traffic systems anywhere in the world. And when an airplane messes up Everyone notices.

AI would have to be stupider than an amoeba to no t be able to manage traffic and reduce deaths from where we are now. Now ... people literally drive into the car ahead in stop-and-go traffic because they cannot keep focused for fifteen seconds.

hard Not to beat that.

As for the hot rodders .... Rush has a tune which I have never fully listened to called "Little Red Barchetta" about a guy in a 1950s Ferrari trying to illegally drive his own car, and then racing across the countryside trying to outrun the flying police drones.

But I expect people will give up driving pretty readily ... give them a computer game and a Facebook feed and a video channel and they won't remember they are in a car.

Also ... most driving for most people is a miserable battle with rush-hour traffic.

I cannot tell you (but you know already) what it is like to pedal past long lines of drivers absolutely hating life---sitting in the climate-controlled cocoon in a padded seat, with a favorite beverage, a sound system rivaling what have at home, scowling and cursing, while outside it is 105 degrees or 35 and raining---and I am loving life.

I absoutely expect cars to link up in perfect drafting trains, automatically cycling themselves out when it is time to exit because every car everywhere withing many miles will know where every other car is and where it is headed. Computers will constantly calculate speeds to minimize braking and acceleration and to save fule and resources and maximize traffic flow.

And for sure, every car will immediately recognize any car-sized object in the road and not responding to control signals and All the cars everywhere around will report it and the crane-drone will fly in and lift it out of traffic and fly it to the detention center where its occupants will remain.

One sec ... Woman Creates Rush-Hour Nightmare, Shutting Down Subway to Retrieve Phone | NTD.TV Everybody hated these two "Jane, you ignorant ***"s for delaying the journey home.

People will look at drivers driving their own cars the way we would look at people driving a car onto the subway tracks: "You are delaying us all and endangering us all. You are insane and stupid and deserve to be put down."
That, IS what will/would happen, practically overnight... IMO