Old 11-18-18, 08:46 PM
NoWhammies

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 512 Times in 306 Posts
Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe
I struggled with finding groups. My LBS does not organize any, meetup only has beginner rides and the groups on Strava do not do group rides. Even the local forum here on BF proved to be a bust.
Any chance you can branch off from the beginner rides? That is go to a meetup ride and see if there are any beginners that are quicker/and or interested in picking up the pace. Then you can start your splinter group of quicker riders. Just an idea...

Originally Posted by TimothyH
There used to be such a thing as actual bike clubs which held various rides. The only clubs in my area nowadays are really just support organizations for racing teams.
Yeah, I'm noticing this with the group rides around here too. There are many different clubs, but a lot of them are focused on racing. And if you're not interested in training for a CAT 1, 2, etc. then it can be intimidating and not a very welcoming group. Finding a group of people to ride with that have the same interests/goals as you is definitely a challenge. Gotta say I'm still looking for the perfect ride group myself.