canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg

Around here, chip seal is an acknowledgement that they're finally addressing an improvement of said road's poor condition. Worst part is this means center lines and fog lines are obliterated for a period of time and drivers seem lost, practically wandering in the wilderness lost until they are repainted.
Yup. Sad commentary on infrastructure when we've come to regard chipseal as an improvement.

Ditto, the lost sheep behind the wheel. One route I ride often is the classic "wide enough to share the road without cyclists taking the lane." Until it was recently resurfaced there was a painted "bike lane" that was really just a street side parking zone. The actual lane was wide enough to accommodate both cars and bikes.

But without the painted lines I've noticed some drivers have no idea what to do. I can ride to the right, leaving a lane wide enough for a tractor trailer rig with outboard mirrors. But some drivers still hesitate to pass. Other than the occasional @$$holes who still brush-by pass no matter how much room they have, or think the bike/parking lane is their personal passing lane.