View Single Post
Old 12-31-19, 11:39 PM
SamSpade1941 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 54 Posts
Rivelo closing is no shock... Why on earth order or purchase anything Rivendell from brick and mortar store in Portland when I can order it directly from Rivendell and for the same price or a tad less ? I think it was interesting they tried to capitalize on shooting film and old vinyl records along with bikes. A very confused bike shop IMHO and that was just a bad business model . As for Universal I order from them all the time , they ship really economically and quickly. I get my parts a day or two at the latest after I order them here in Salem. However I would probably more more inclined to visit them more now that they are moving to HIllsboro.

As for some of other shops

I honestly can't see how the cafe every worked for Breadwinner .
My one dealing with Norther Cycles left a bad taste in my mouth , I did not come away with a good will feeling after talking to the guys who run that shop , they struck me as rude.

Brick and Mortar stores in general are doomed as time moves on, so people who intend to stay profitable in that venue are going to need to offer exceptional service and a unique value proposition that does not focus on elitist attitudes (Norther), having items on display but not in stock (Velo Cult) and selling vinyl records, and poster prints by Will (Rivelo) ....

Last edited by SamSpade1941; 12-31-19 at 11:50 PM.
Likes For SamSpade1941: