View Single Post
Old 03-06-21, 10:40 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
I had a 3 hour ride set in Zwift but my laptop battery died at 2 hours; for some reason it can't keep up with Zwift even when plugged in. I was hoping to hit 16-18 hours this week but it just seems I've been too busy to hit that.

Originally Posted by hubcyclist
So I got in on the ground floor of the TR adaptive training beta. I've actually known about this for a while, I was part of a group of forum users which were given a glimpse of the feature development back in June. At the time it was basically suggesting modifications due to missed workouts, but by the end of the initial preview I was seeing some workouts suggested as a result of my lowering power targets on a workout, so it definitely seemed promising then.

I'm not on a plan builder plan at the moment, so I'm not taking full advantage of the adaptive training, but I'm using the workout ratings to give myself some progressively harder workouts without making too big of a leap. For example, in the first week of this block I did a series of 18x60sec efforts at 120% and the workout was rated as a 4.5 VO2 workout. On Tuesday i did a workout rated 6.5 (comprised of 9x2min @ 120%) and it might have just been a bad day but I had a heck of a time with it. On Thurs I picked a workout with 6x2min @ 120% and rated 5.1 and I was able to complete. And next week I'll be doing a workout rated at 5.5 (6x2.5min at 120%). Anyway, it probably sounds a bit goofy to the uninitiated, but it seems like a good way to build progressions in different areas without stretching oneself too far beyond. Last week I did 12hrs this week I'm going 13 (2hrs intensity, 11z2). Personally, I like "polarized" (I've done 2 hard workouts and 6 easier ones) but getting to 3hrs on the trainer like I did today, and like I'll do tomorrow, is a bit much. But I'll be aiming for 3.5hrs on the weekend next week.
I was planning on cancelling TR; mainly because I know what works for me and I've never believed in Sweet Spot everyday being the cure all. Worlds coming up in 2 weeks (and being vaccinated) I'll definitely do less indoor stuff, but I'll still do a ton of indoor volume between 55-75%. I might have to take a look at the new builder plan before I cancel.

I'm also grinding to get to level 50 in Zwift (lol I know) so I created workouts in Zwift (Tabatas, 2x20's, 4x8's, etc) and use that instead these days.