Old 03-09-21, 10:27 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
Totally failed my VO2 max intervals this morning. I decided to pull the plug most of the way through my second interval. A very hard weekend and a bit too much beer and wine with the lady on Sunday left me feeling quite drained and sore yesterday, which didn't exactly give me good psychology going into today.

I felt weird on the bike, like I knew the power was in there, but at some point (potentially below target) I'd feel overt soreness. I got through the first one just fine (3' at 125%), but a lot of that was AWC so I couldn't really tell how the next longer was was gonna go. 4' into the 5' interval I was a few watts below target and just didn't want to force it, so I didn't.

Still, I feel good about my decision, proud even, in that it reflects some maturity (for me). In the past I would have trudged through and hit mediocre numbers and potentially compromise my workouts for the rest of the week. Moreover, I know the gains are in there - my bibs are tight, body weight low. I know that after a few more workouts this week and a rest week coming up, I should have some good legs.

For the next couple of days we have rain on the forecast for San Diego, so trainer it will be. A 35 km Zwift A race tomorrow with some more SST climbing after, than an easy day on Thursday with some time in position on the TT bike. Big weekend planned, not as much intensity as last weekend, but more volume.
Likes For TMonk: