View Single Post
Old 06-01-19, 01:11 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by madpogue
Mentions appear to be inop. They just show an @ sign, with nothing follwing. Even mentions in existing old posts, that worked previously, are doing this.
Just today (6/1/19) I posted to a thread:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Thanks for that post Trocadile [ @Trocadile ]. I have never heard of that trail. Do you or rholland1951[ @rholland1951 ] have any other information, like access points and road surfaces, especially paved segments...

PS: For some reason today the MENTION function of the BB codes blanks out the name rather than MENTIONING it.
It also seems that all previous mentions are similarly blanked out. For example I type @_Trocadile (typed without the connecting symbol): @Trocadile

A short while later I posted to that thread:
Thanks for those informative replies, @Trocadile and @rholland1951. I look forward to my own investigation. Unfortunately your names are still unmentionable.
(from a now-closed thread) I think a quote or mention is as much of a kudo as a LIKE, since it is conspicuous and is viewed by a wider audience than just the author and those who actually view the LIKED post.
PS: I just further noticed on my Profile Page, under the MENTIONS tab, that the drop-down menu of MENTIONS and QUOTES has disappeared.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 06-01-19 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added last, nested quote; then PS