Old 07-15-19, 09:17 AM
mechanicmatt
Hoards Thumbshifters

Bikes: '23 Black Mtn MC, '87 Bruce Gordon Chinook, '08 Jamis Aurora, '86 Trek 560, '97 Mongoose Rockadile, & '91 Trek 750

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 192 Posts
Things change...

I'm terribly sorry to hear this for you, not for the bike but for your brother. Life causes things to change over time, look to find another activity with him and not worry so much about biking. Maybe a three wheeled recumbant? Fishing? Walks? Swimming Pool-time? Chess at a park? The idea can be just to change the lifestyle, not to give up hope. Maybe just need to find activities while sitting or

I am 40, at 37 I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I wake up everyday with pain, small or large. I have given up on gluten, dairy, and highly acidic foods and drinks (pizza and coffee). I can't run really anymore, I can't really play soccer (which I did with my wife), and can't do house building projects more than a day at a time usually. I can still bike, so I do. I can still build, so I do. Just need time to take it easy between. Life changes things but that doesn't have to make you inactive.