Old 07-23-19, 04:23 PM
winston63 

Bikes: Specialized Diverge E5 Comp, Specialized AWOL Comp, Scott Solace 10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
It's getting frustrating. My formulas derived from several months of logging was right on last month but I haven't dropped a single pound the last few weeks despite a 500 minimum deficit and usually a 1000 every day. I've been here before, so I know my body will give in sooner or later and start shedding pounds again. Just got to hang in there.
In my weight loss journey I have found the process frustratingly non-linear, but ultimately if you stick with it you’ll get there.

There were plenty of times when my weight loss would plateau or even increase when it made no sense at all - but eventually, the loss would continue, sometimes faster than I thought it should. And eventually I hit my targets and I’ve been able to maintain, though even that has some minor ups and downs.

Someone on the MyFitnessPal forum summed it up thusly: We are doing algebra when we count calories, but our bodies are doing calculus when it comes to shedding the weight. Not exact by any means, but reflects some of my experience.
Likes For winston63: