Old 07-30-19, 04:35 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
I've been watching this. I don't think readers here are getting it: the OP was not about cycling, not really. Of course he's a cyclist and probably a decent rider, which is beside the point. His point is philosophical. When my wife and I got together we made a list of what was important to us, in order. Our lists matched very well, a good sign, eh? Money was # 11 on our list. Hence I'm not buying a new bike but we've had a lot of fun for the past 46 years. The OP is pushing the persuasion that we can buy happiness, in this case by buying new gear that's supposed to be faster. He's playing The Pusher, either for fun or for real, no way to tell. There's a lot of this going on right now, lot's of people reaping monetary rewards from making the money thing the #1 thing. We can judge from our own lives how much truth there is in that. Polls tell us that actually people with more money are happier - but for sure not always, eh?

Anyway hence the rather odd message couched within a BF post. The cycling part doesn't ring true, does it? But how about the rest of it? Yeah, the drug gets you high, but then there's all the rest of it, later.