Old 07-19-09, 08:55 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by LTJ
What is somewhat suspicious about Lance, to me, is this three year hiatus and the eruption of BIG name positive tests that occurred while he was away. He retires at 33 for no real apparent reason, and the two following years the TdF is rocked by doping scandals among the most prominent riders. And now that the storm has passed he is back? And everyone is clean again?
Just wait. The conspiracy is going to get even better over the next 3 years. Next year, Team Nike/Livestrong. then, 2011-2012 LASports(or whatever it's named) will aquire 40% ownership of The Tour from ASO. Meanwhile drugs busts will all but disappear as a result of Lance's clean influence on the sport. They (ASO/L'Equipe) really would like to keep those viewership numbers that they enjoyed 99-05 and again now. If they think LA can, in any capacity, keep those numbers that high, it'll be worth it to them to give him 40%. Let's face it: It's all about entertainment and the flow of dollars, and has almost nothing to do with the altruistic values of sport that we wish it embodied.