Old 08-10-20, 06:19 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I was so pissed Saturday. Went for a ride to see if I found a new close to home TT practice lap. Nope. Blind turn in a bad spot. No good. No biggie, let's just ride this thing for fun. Then, the brand new poles start slipping in the clamps. I bet they are just painted instead of coated meaning a smaller OD. I did the trick of a layer of tape and back in the clamp. Back in business. Still pissed it ruined a ride though.

Sunday ride was better. A really hilly rolling loop for TT, but great workout loop. Great workout loop for staying in aero downhill in corners and working your power to stay fast over rollers. I made a little lap course out of it and did enough laps to exceed 10mi. It came out to 91 feet per mile elevation. I did the 11mi at close to 23.5mph. One lap was 24.5mph.

Traffic was low, I could stay aero and own my lane and bomb the hills and power over the rollers. I bet that's how pros are so freaking fast on hilly TT's. They can confidently bomb the downhill and "flatten" the hills. I'd bet they can flatten larger rollers due to their much faster speed and much higher power too. When you start ascending a roller at 35 to 40mph instead of 25.....you wind up making it almost over without slowing down to a crawl.

Never imagined I could hold that amount of speed on that kind of elevation. Proud of that one. TT bike, but road helmet, road wheels, road kit. I'm guessing one mph for full race kit.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3890342723/overview
Likes For burnthesheep: