Old 10-12-18, 10:02 AM
ill.clyde

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Get selfish

I mean that ... quite seriously, but not with the goal of being selfish with malicious intent. I mean getting selfish about getting yourself healthy.

Put yourself, your health, and your fitness, either first, or near the top of your list. And expect push back.

The way I view it ... a healthy husband/father/whatever is a gift we give our families ... and a gift we give ourselves. I'm not going to feel guilty about being a better me

My wife LOVES to give me grief about my cycling. I work from home. My schedule is fluid, so it's not uncommon for me to take a ride after I drop our daughter off at school, or a ride over lunch time, or whatever ... and it honestly kind of ticks her off. She makes a snide comment about, "I wish I could take two hour bike ride whenever I want." I just let it roll off me. When we've talked about it before, she says she's jealous, and I get that. But I have a hard time understanding why she throws it in my face when I'm giving her a healthier version of me. So that's when I just get selfish, say screw it, and do my rides. There are FAR worse ways to use my time ...

Be honest with yourself about your weight loss goals ... I was down to 255 at one point three years ago, and ballooned back up to 314. I'm back to 374ish right now, and hoping to continue downward, but it's take the better part of a year and a half or two to get here. So be patient.
Likes For ill.clyde: