Old 10-17-19, 06:53 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I just find it ridiculous that people want to constantly die on the cross of either supporting or going out of their way to lambast PC culture. If you view Gannett or the media as liberal, why choose this cross instead of guns or abortion or picking on Trump?

Sounds like to me somebody wanted to go rogue on their own views by utilizing a larger organization's information for the riders.

You're entitled to your speech, but you're not entitled to have somebody else do all the work for you to rent the stage, set up the equipment for you, check the mic, and put your rosy message onto the teleprompter.

Same thing with the colleges. It feels not fair, but you can come speak if you wish by paying yourself and renting space and going through the hoops to get your permits. You just might not get the red carpet at some places like you would other places. You can still go, but just on your own dime. Not the school's.

So, this guy decided to die on the PC cross here by making the paper look like the bad guy for ruining the ride. When in reality, he ruined it because he's too childish to figure out a better way to get his message across.

That's what I'm hearing.

Not only that, the paper is the paper. It isn't the parks and rec department of the area. So this falls under the "get mad when you encounter real world capitalism".

Paper can do wtf ever they wanna do. Might be not your favorite, but there it is.

Personally I think it's junk to dig up people's past from so many years ago just because they happen to make the news on something totally unrelated. If the guy isn't the current acting "grand wizard" in town, leave him alone if he wants to donate money.

At the same time, choosing the ride to make your political stance is really crappy. I didn't see anywhere where the paper called the ride racist for wanting to donate to the guy. It was about improperly digging dirt on the guy. Which has nothing to do with the bike ride other than the paper/organizers link and somebody who wanted to go rogue.

That's where I am.
Likes For burnthesheep: