View Single Post
Old 01-14-20, 05:40 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked 969 Times in 792 Posts
tubeless clearly has advantages when riding in areas with thorns that are all over the place and result in getting ten flats a day or more.
this fellow made it clear that there was no apparent and clear cut or tear or whatever on tire, so it wasnt that.

jimbo--you didnt get back on your weight re wondering about the 80psi thing? Maybe you are sick of the discussion, but I would be curious to know if this was a factor.
I have no plans to run tubeless in the near future, but like to learn new things and get good info to stick in my craw for future reference to hopefully avoid something like what happened to you.

oh, I have witnessed someone go down in a turn with a regular tubed wheel, where it was pretty obvious that the guy had had a slow leak but hadnt noticed it, but going around the 90 degree corner had either the tire simply slide/fold due to lowered pressure. After checking up on the guy with other people, one of us moved his bike and noticed his front had gone down. Didnt appear to be a regular rider and probably didnt feel or notice the front going down before he turned---maybe not connected to this event, but I can see the similarity at least to some extent despite being a tube story.