Old 02-09-20, 01:59 PM
antdd

Bikes: commuter: Soma Wolverine, Patria Roadster / cargo: Nihola Family

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Hi, thanks for checking in! So, yes, winter project, and winter isn't over yet (your from Mont-St-Hilaire? then you know that ).

I had chosen the Pacenti Brevet 700 rims due to the Alfine 36h limitation. And once I was ready to order them (Pacenti gave me a nice reduction!), the 32h version for the front was sold out. So I got the rims just a week ago. Some (Shimano) parts got carried back from Europe after the Christmas trip (we traveled only with carry-on, and the toys for the baby got priority over bike stuff in the luggage, so really just tiny but valuable parts...). Now only a few Di2 cables missing.

I plan to bring the wheel parts to the LBS as soon as possible, and the frame for preparation, headset and BB installation. Hopefully I'll manage this next weekend, during the week time is a bit tight.

And I found a used old Park tools repair stand, so I will do most things in our basement, not in the community bike place I had in mind (which helps, doing it whenever the kid allows it for some minutes should be more flexible then taking a full day...)

So, after a while quiteness, it should now actually go on soon. But my goal is still: end of winter, so until Easter or so...

And: Yes, I got the v3 Wolverine on reduction, but the $215 prices were only in the very end for the most exotic sizes. I payed $400 plus the fork, with free shipping, plus import to Canada.
And I had the same problem with the MTB forum, couldn't post there initially and therefore the duplicate. But I wanted to write there since there is a nice long Wolverine thread...
Likes For antdd: