View Single Post
Old 03-24-20, 11:02 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18409 Post(s)
Liked 15,520 Times in 7,324 Posts
Originally Posted by ericy
As far as I know, the park is still open however. If I feel like cutting out of work early, I might take a bike ride up there later.

I was up there 2 weeks ago - a big chunk of beach is closed to humans and dogs due to nesting birds. But at the time the rest was still open - there were may be a dozen people that I could see on the beach within a mile of me, but it was still kind of cold. Once the weather warms up enough, I expect lots of people will want to venture out, and I have no doubt that the rest of the park will be forced to close to limit the crowds.
I was really looking forward to going. A few years ago I did four-day trip down there. Rode from just across the river from Philly to Belleplain State Forest in Woodbine, NJ on a Thursday. Friday I rode to the ferry to Lewes. Camped for two nights (rode around the park and then down to Rehoboth on Saturday for lunch) then rode to Atlantic City on Easter to catch the train back home to Philly. That was an epic day as a storm moved in Saturday night. Bucked a headwind and intermittent drizzle all the way up the coast. I nearly quit an got a motel room in Ocean City, NJ. But I got some good eats there and pressed on. NJ announced that the campground at Belleplain would be closed for a while, and the ferry stopped accepting foot traffic last Wednesday.