Old 12-30-20, 12:56 PM
Het Volk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Electronic ******** Shifting
We are turning our bikes into mini motorcycles. The beauty of bikes was the mechanical simplicity. And between this, and now people riding e-bikes on bike paths, cycling is turning more and more into something I do not recognize. And the worst part? The industry is going to sour people to the sport because most people are not dedicated bikers, and the more difficult you make it to just get on a bike and ride, the less people will ride. Batteries have limited lives, and, by the way, are toxic for the environment.

Disc Brakes:
There is NO need for disc brakes, and all the people saying so are lying to themselves. I have never once ever felt under braked, even heading down roads such as the road on Mt. Evans.

E-Bikes
I get it, for older folks who need some assistance. But for everyone else, they are buying glorified scooters. They should not be allowed on MUPs, and there is nothing more annoying than seeing some overweight middle aged dude soft pedaling up a hill when what he really needs, is to actually exercise.

Lack of Velodromes
It would be nice for municipalities to invest in velodromes, as they are a great place for kids to learn to ride, ride in a pack, and develop some bike skills without having to be out in traffic. Rather than another stupid baseball field, can we please see communities invest in velodromes.

Brooks B17 Saddles
I am sorry....unpopular but B17 saddles aesthetically make bikes look like the bike needs to drop a deuce.

Ill Fitting Bike Clothing
Bulky, ill-fitting bike clothing. Someone above complained about tight clothing....I am the opposite. Wear clothes that actually fit, and not burlap sacks.

People Who Do Not Support Local Bike Shops
Especially the ones who will use the LBS to get assistance on what they need, and then go buy it online.
Likes For Het Volk: