Old 01-02-24, 11:52 AM
PaulJensen

Bikes: 1970 Peugeot PX-10 - Ibis Cousin It tandem - Zizzo Liberte folding bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
Paul, I have a true appreciation for people who are unafraid to dive into some unfamiliar territory to build or fix things. More of us need to "just do it." Very much enjoy reading and seeing your journey.
Thanks for that… I’ve always been like that…

Among other things, I’m also a surfboard builder… In 2001 I pioneered a method of building hollow wood surfboards that was ground-zero for all other hollow boards to come… I’ve taught over thirty ‘Build Your Own’ workshops worldwide… It’s been a great ride…

The ability to travel and teach is the best… You learn as much as you teach… The relationships and greater sense of community is immeasurable…

If I haven’t retired, I could see a parallel ‘career’ traveling and teaching Build Your Own Wood Bike… I know how… Somebody will someday and they will also enjoy the satisfaction of creating a new-normal way… Let the critics criticize and judge… It will happen and others will have new careers building and teaching… All it takes is an open mind and the ability to ignore the toxic critics… Results matter…

Last edited by PaulJensen; 01-02-24 at 01:23 PM.
Likes For PaulJensen: