View Single Post
Old 03-31-18, 04:55 PM
munkeyfish 

Bikes: 2016 Specialized Crosstrails Disc XL Frame. 2021 Trek Verve 2 Step Through XL frame.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by alan s
Just finished the trip. It was a great short tour. I’ll post a few pictures later. The weather was fantastic, but the wind direction was overall against me. A lot of days of headwinds, but not directly on the nose, which made the riding a bit more difficult and tiring. All the overnights along the coast were truly hidden treasures. One night of rain on a planned hotel night in Perry worked out perfectly. Took the legs and butt a few days to adjust, and now I’m ready to ride anywhere, but unfortunately have to go back to being a desk jockey.

Loved St. George SP the most, but all the other campgrounds were almost as nice. The beaches are pretty much empty and the sand is beautiful. Didn’t really like the Panama City area, but sometimes you have to pass through areas to get where you are going.

I would recommend anyone doing this trip to go in the spring or fall, when it’s a bit cooler and less crowded. Apparently the area is mobbed in the summer, and it must be quite hot and humid. The temps were in the 60s and 70s, which is ideal for riding and sleeping.

That's awesome. In my neck of the woods. And yeah the wind has been pretty brutal for the last week or so. Might have worked better going the other direction! lol

Looking forward to some pics and shares.