Old 02-21-20, 08:30 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
I don't think eg. Zwift and Peloton are really that far away from one another. Actually, it's possible to imagine that a peloton trainer could put a training event on Zwift (there are lots of these aside from the Academy stuff) that matches what they'd do if they were only on Peloton. A bunch of events on Zwift I think people can and do chat with one another via some Discord app (though I've never tried). The remaining missing piece is seeing a camera view of the group's physical trainer.. so this only difference (solves for chatting too) could be solved with a Webex-type window running on your laptop.
This has quickly devolved into the absurd. Its funny to see it claimed that they arent far from one another because all thats needed to make them effectively the same is to hack one(which hasnt happened) to work with the other and then use an additional laptop running a webex. The platforms that engage users are totally different and while both can serve the same goal(exercise), they go about it differently.

edited- i removed a lot of this post because i just scrolled thru the thread and i am posting the most frequently and defending something that i dont actually care about. im out.
Likes For mstateglfr: