View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 06:16 PM
Chinghis

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by gios View Post
A Bridge Too Far (1977) on Netflix. Great scene with James Caan and a 1911.

Great cast: Sean Connery, Ryan O'Neal, Gene Hackman, Michael Byrne, Dirk Bogarde, Edward Fox, Michael Caine, Anthony Hopkins, (as mentioned James Caan), Colin Farrell (must have missed him), Maximilian Schell, Liv Ullman, Laurence Olivier, Elliott Gould, Robert Redford, Denholm Elliott (Raiders of the lost Ark), and lots more recognized but their names escape me. Even the postman from Cheers.

No cgi. No drone shots.

Film Review: A Bridge Too Far 1-1-18

eleven C-47 aircraft and dropped 1000 parachutists, including paratroopers from the British and Dutch armies.
Fantastic! I had no idea Cliff John Ratzenberger was in that. Will have to look for him.

Edit: Mind BLOWN! He was also in The Empire Strikes Back: Rebel Force Major Derlin! Holy cow.

Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
Hidden Fortress 1958 Director Kurosawa. Great movie!

As some of you may know, this movie was part of the inspiration for Star Wars.
Hah, I came across this flick on VHS. I have started watching it two or three times, and haven't made it very far. Not sure why, as I enjoy foreign films, Kurosawa, etc. I'll have to try again.

We watched "Rango" for our family movie night last week. I hadn't seen it, and enjoyed it, even for how derivative it was. Oh, and we watched The Fifth Element a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I really enjoy this movie, but the kids? Eh, it's slow. :|

Last edited by Chinghis; 08-10-20 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Duped a reply
Likes For Chinghis: