View Single Post
Old 08-27-20, 02:39 PM
BoraxKid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by tpadul
Actually No I had no intention of shopping internationally at all. Just because a store has an online presence doesn't mean they are international. I ended up finding what I want on Bicycle Warehouse which is a US business, they had free shipping over $50 and surprisingly no sales tax either. I'm using the local Bicycle shop to put the tires and tubes on for me, so I'll be paying them, I 'm just trying to save a couple extra dollars because I might get furloughed from my Federal job due to Covid so I'm trying to also save a couple dollars. I know there is a markup on some items and the only tires the local bike store had in stock were the mountain bike ones.

I'm not sure why you assumed I was trying to shop internationally and to not utilize the local bike store as some sort of snub to them. I'm just trying to do my best save myself a couple of dollars while still trying to support local businesses.
Just a quick tip: your local LBS is probably swamped with maintenance jobs right now (assuming they are competently managed). So your job of mounting new tires could be delayed several days or more. It might be faster to order some tire levers while you're shopping online, and then look up the Park Tool video for how to change a mountain bike tire. Changing your own tires is a skill you should have anyway, in case you get a flat while you're out riding your bike. After all, you wouldn't go out for a drive without knowing how to change a flat, would you?
Likes For BoraxKid: