View Single Post
Old 09-01-20, 07:46 AM
Jno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Flobikes “scam”?

Be warned! I am in Canada and one of the companies providing coverage of the Tour de France is Flobikes. They are referenced in lots of the bike mags and sites and their site had three inducements to subscribe: 7 day free trial; $12.50 per month rate; cancel anytime. When I subscribed, it asked for credit card info; once registration was complete, the confirmation email said I had a full year subscription - $150 came off my card.

A casual search online confirms that they’ve been running this scam for a while, and BBB has disgruntled subscribers who describe the same experience. Of course it is my fault that I did not take the necessary steps to safeguard myself. I hope I can spare one or more of you from falling into a year long subscription to Flobikes.

Scam, part one: no free trial, and no mention of it once you complete the basic registration info.

Scam, part two: Their reply to my email inquiry said $150 is $12.50/month but billed yearly and it’s a one yr subscription.

Scam part three: Their reply email invited me to take advantage of an additional 30% discount but, if I wished, I could cancel any time. I did cancel, 48 hrs after joining. Turns out, my cancellation is effective as of the one yr anniversary of my subscription which means I also missed out on the chance to lessen the impact of the scam by 30%