View Single Post
Old 09-10-20, 05:07 PM
cvrle1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
You say you are going to do research and that is the best thing you can do. I’d start with the bike you have now. Since you bought your first bike in 15 years a few months ago and how you want to build a bike, that one sure missed the mark.

You should still be in the best thing I did stage or just leaving it if you really liked the bike. Even then a lot of people who love their bike will look to upgrade it first. So figure out what you wish you had bought.

You may also want to test out other bikes that you may want to buy complete instead of building as it probably will cost more to build. I’ve built bikes and it is a lot of fun, but don’t plan to have everything fit perfectly. That only happens if you transfer from basically the same frame. You will end up with parts that don’t work.

John
I actually really like bike that I bought, and have no 2nd thoughts about it at all. I love riding it and enjoy it very much. Whole build is just something that popped into my head while I had some time, and was looking around because I had nothing better to do while at work haha. Once I found out about all these dyi bike builds, it got me thinking and I looked more into it. I would definitely not do this until I got bored of my current bike, or felt it is holding me back, and knew what I liked and didnt like about it. That may come next year or year after or who knows (kinda goes against what I originally posted, I know) I just wanted to get more ideas on if I should even be thinking about something like this, and get feedback on some things I may not have thought about. So far all the feedback and info has been really helpful for sure, and gives me more things to keep in mind and think about