View Single Post
Old 11-07-20, 09:28 AM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1097 Post(s)
Liked 559 Times in 446 Posts
I just built up a new bike with mechanical/hydraulic disc brakes and tubeless tires, but I did not choose high priced carbon wheels for the build. I ride hills and mountain roads where gusty cross winds preclude deep profile aero wheels. I chose Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels that only cost $500 and don't require any rim tape. I also chose Michelin Power Road tubeless tires because I really like their Power Endurance tubed tires. I run 28mm tubeless tires with a pressure of around 65 psi in front and no more than 75 in the rear, since I only weigh 135-140. So far, I like the ride and I got an indication that they roll faster, just yesterday. I started a descent that I've done many times and hit 51 mph quickly, where I've hit no more than 49 before and there wasn't a big tail wind pushing me.

The only punctures I've had in the last 10,000 miles with tubed tires are two pinch flats from hitting rocks strewn along the road side. The tubeless tires should prevent most of that problem.

I should add that mounting tubeless tires is more difficult and so is removing them. Putting a tube in on the road should probably be practiced. I had no trouble at all getting the beads sealed up, using my air compressor and a blow-off nozzle with a pointed rubber tip.

Last edited by DaveSSS; 11-07-20 at 11:08 AM.