Old 12-08-20, 08:11 PM
Wileyrat

Bikes: 2015 Ridley Fenix, 1983 Team Fuji, 2019 Marin Nail Trail 6

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 223 Times in 135 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
Hard to say unless you know the bike fits your properly and you understand which stack, reach and top tube measurements work best for you (how and why)

Until then, anyone could say they enjoy their bike tremendously, that its smooth and fast blah blah

I know damn well this is what I was saying with good but wholly ill fitting bikes in the past until finally buying a 25" frame and doing research + trial and error with what sort of measurements properly fit me according to my needs.

Those trek road bikes are definetly a good fitting bike, but you'd be surprised at how much u better off you'll be in terms of fit after playing around with some spacers and a shorter stem.

You know the bike is a good fir for you if:

-handlebars are at or higher than the seat
-no lower back pain after 45+min ride
- Ability to easily balance your weight fore and aft
-even the worst bumps you float over with balance and comfort
-pushing the bike as hard as possible into a turn = balanced handling between front/rear axle
- your butt is over the saddle comfortably when pedalling standing up
- don't feel excessive stress and weight on the wrists
-
Would you please explain to me when raising your bars at or above your saddle became a tenet of proper bike fit? Floating over bumps......Have you ever ridden any bike with 23mm or narrower tires. I wouldn't push any hybrid into a turn as hard as possible, and expect it to stick like my roadie does ( which I can and do ride painlessly for hours, even with bars lower than the saddle)

What works for you doesn't become the gospel of bike fitting, nor would I tell anyone that they have to do what works for me.

​​​​​​I'll give you the wrist stress.

OP, sounds like a nice ride.

​​​​

Last edited by Wileyrat; 12-08-20 at 08:33 PM.
Likes For Wileyrat: