Thread: Handlebar tape
View Single Post
Old 01-10-21, 09:59 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Regular cork bar tape is still a go to for many, Cinelli is one. There is now a gel cork tape, also Cinelli, have not tried but will. It has good reviews. Unfortunately for me, my favorite tape is no longer available, Zevlin, Z-attack. I usually look at bicycle gear suppliers, search Ebay and Amazon, etc. to find tape on sale. Numerous sites to look at, such as Jenson, Western Bike Works. Use Google and more sites than you can stand to look at will come up. I have used Arundel Gecko Grip tape and I like it, good grip but not much cushion. I recommend looking at reviews and starting with something that has good stretch to it. Also, look at videos, like on youtube, to see the process. It takes practice and patience. Handlebar tape is one of those cycling things that are very individual/personal .

I would be remiss in not pointing out that a local bike shop will have a selection and maybe someone that can help with there knowledge.
Likes For delbiker1: