Old 01-12-21, 01:00 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,483 Times in 4,185 Posts
Originally Posted by LaVieClaire86
Now that you say that the "Italian-sounding" brand Serotta was made in Colorado -- that just may be the brand! One thing I do definitely recall was that I could ride with no hands right off the bat (slow or fast). I could never get away with that -- not for long anyway -- on either of my Cannondales. Would you mind pointing me to the "endurance CF frame" that you're referring to?
Everything you described isnt due only to the magic of steel or the specific brand- its mostly geometry.
Geometry allows you to easily ride without hands.
Geometry allows bumps and vibrations to be absorbed rather than transmit all to you.

Geometry, quality tires that are supple and wide, and yes frame material can matter too...as a distant 3rd reason.

Also,, seamed or seamless steel tubing is basically indistinguishable in quality now. Seamed tubing can be unidentifiable, heat treated, and butted aggressively. Its not default junk now.
Likes For mstateglfr: